(School Section No. 20)
The first school in Greenbush was built of logs in 1835 on land donated by James Haskin. It burned in 1845 after only ten years of use. The second school, made of stone, was constructed on the same site in 1848. It was twice as large as the first. However it was torn down in 1918 in order to build a larger school. Construction of the brick building was completed within six months, In 1905 the school grounds were enlarged, trees were planted and a fence erected. The land for the extension was purchased from Thomas Webster.
While construction was underway in 1918 classes were held in the United Church Hall. Between 1845 and 1848 classes were held above the store at Millhouse and in one of William Olds’ houses.
The first teacher on record is Miss. Sarah Taggart in 1840. She was followed by Miss. Lucinda Keller who received $5. per month.
The school was phased out of the school system in 1965. 
The old school was converted into a home and is located at 9366 Addison-Greenbush Road.
School Superintendents Report (Ontario Archives)
Shows the following information, which in some cases contradicts what we have already researched, and contradicts other filed School Superintendents Reports:
1850: Log Building, size 26×24, construction date 1830, condition Good
1854: Brick building, first opened in 1849
The following information was extracted from the motion papers of the Elizabethtown Council 1855-1873:
That Edward Davis be detached from school section no 18 and be attached to school section no 20-1858
 Greenbush and Addison Villages a look at the history and homes by Karen Clout BA pub 1994
 Lyn Museum Archives
1- Greenbush School taken in 1941