New Dublin – News from the Village – 1925-1930

  The Athens Reporter- excerpts have been taken from this newspaper for the years – 1925 to 1930. The original newspapers are in the archives of the Heritage House Museum, Athens, Ontario New Dublin – Feb 23, 1925 Dr. T.R. Whaley and Mrs. Whaley of Alsask, Sask., and Mr. and Mrs. W. Whaley of Charleston, […]

St. John the Evangelist Anglican Cemetery

St. John the Evangelist Anglican Cemetery Concession: 6, Lot: 20; – New Dublin Community Cemetery Board* – Across the road from the New Dublin Cemetery – GPS- 44.667349, -75.800447                                                         […]

New Dublin- A Hamlet in Elizabethtown

New Dublin (Lamb’s Pond; Dublin Corners)   Lamb’s Pond was the original name of this settlement, the name being taken from a mile long body of water on the Lamb Homestead.   Nicholas Burns was born in Dublin, Ireland and as a lad of 19, migrated to Canada in 1820. He settled at Lamb’s Pond […]

New Dublin – A One Room School House in Elizabethtown

New Dublin School (School Section #15)   The first school was built near Lamb’s Pond, almost across the road from the Ernest Kendrick farm, later owned by Donald Stewart. Later a school was built on the Horton Farm near the present school. No dates are know for the erection of either of these buildings. The […]