Addison – News from the Village 1902 to 1927

The Athens Reporter- excerpts have been taken from this newspaper for the years- 1902 to 1927. The original newspapers are in the archives of the Heritage House Museum, Athens, Ontario  Addison, Sep 10 1902 Messrs. Frank and Fremont Blanchard are attending the Toronto Exhibition this week. Mr. James Nevens of Easton’s Corners was a guest […]

Addison a One Room School House in Elizabethtown

Addison School  (School Section No. 21) There have been four schools in Addison. The first was built of logs and burned. Both the second and third schools[1] in Addison doubled as Episcopal and Methodist Churches. The second school was a stone building which stood beside the third, framed school. This school was moved to Benjamin […]