School Section Number Unknown
The new Rock School was built in 1937. The school was built of native granite, quarried a few yards from the school. This new school is located on Hwy #2 west of Brockville, and west of Oakland Cemetery. It was regarded as a model rural public school with accommodations for over 30 pupils, indoor toilets, two cloak rooms, a teacher’s room, store room and a basement playroom.
The original Rock School was built in 1844, and stood to the west of the present site. Prior to this stone school an earlier log school stood on the bank of Grant’s Creek further east of the present location.
This school has been turned into a home and is located at 1405 McDonald Rd.