(School Section #6)
On the 12th Day of October 1861, a parcel of land was purchased on which to build the Howard School. The indenture was between Andrew Donaldson and his wife Eliza and the School Section number 6 in the township of Elizabethtown, for a sum of sixty dollars. The parcel of land was described on the indenture as a part of the rear of the east half of Lot number twenty three in the Second Concession in the Township of Elizabethtown. In 1946 a well and pump were installed.
School Superintendents Report (Ontario Archives)
Shows the following information, which in some cases contradicts what we have already researched, and contradicts other filed School Superintendents Reports:
1850: no information except: condition: Not Good
1854: Frame building, first opened in 1850
This school has been turned into a home and is located at 3439 Centennial Rd. (County Rd 27)
 Board of Trustees Annual report for 1946